No fireworks. No bonfires. Can't even get my hands on sparklers this year (actually, couldn't last year either and then I had no excuse).
I miss Guy Fawkers' night, although I don't miss the mile long waddle, 3 hour standing wait, face scorch and return waddle I put myself through last year. Maybe I do. I REALLY love the 5th of November.
I suppose the 14th of July is sort of a substitute (if you are willing to mistake burning cars for bonfires). But it ain't the same without a Take That tribute band, frozen toes and a crick in the neck from watching 30 minutes of fireworks go off.
9 comments:
30 minutes? Best we ever got in Inverurie was 15, and although impressive, after 5 minutes the kids were bored.
Just discovered Amazon could have delivered sparklers. Tchah!
Bridge of Allan's rotary club must be rolling in it. I don't ever remember them being that long but they went on and on and on...
Portsoy's new year fireworks lasted almost 40 minutes. Easy the best display I have ever seen. There must be a few wealthy folks up in that wee village filling up the money jar in the co-op.
:)
Maybe you just get more bang for your buck in the country ;)
:) literally!
Thought I was spoilt for choice this year with two separate formal invitations from fund-raising friends at opposite sides of Scotland. But eventually made it to one, which proved to last much longer than anticipated given the freezing clear night and rapidly disappearing bonfire! However, the genuine warmth of the camaraderie more than made up for any thermal deficits! Roll on next year!
Was somehow entered in duplicate!
Post a Comment